Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Bad Day

I just thought I was having a bad day because I didn't get any sleep last night because of my husband's snoring! Little did I know that it would get worse. One of my ESL students was caught smoking marijuana in the boy's locker room!!! AAAAARGH!!!!

I spent the whole afternoon in the office with my student and our resource office translating, etc, for the student and for his aunt who had to come pick him up. He ended up suspended for a few days, was given a ticket, and has to go to juvenile court now. I really think he's learned his lesson, though, because he is VERY remorseful! He admitted everything right away and was very honest. The officer was impressed by that and put it in his report so that should help in court. But, my student is also worried he'll be sent back to Mexico (he's here on a visa so I think he'll be ok but who knows). Hopefully this was enough of a scare to keep him from doing it again and he'll learn his lesson! Overall, he's a good kid who's trying and just made a stupid mistake--don't we all! I just hope it's his only mistake that serious.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes don't you just wish you could kick them upside the head? ;) Sorry you had a bad day. Tomorrow I'm off to PTA Convention. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete