Monday, May 18, 2009

Always something!

You know, when my friend was telling me I should start a blog, I really didn't think I would have anything to blog about. Well, I was wrong! There seems to always be something going on, especially with work. Who needs my own kids when I have 30+ at the school!

This is actually a sad post, though, at least I'm quite sad about it. I have a student who has been missing a lot a school recently. So I called home and spoke to her mom. It turns out that her mom has cancer and is having surgery tomorrow! They don't have anyone else--she's a single mom and just has her one daughter, my ESL student. HOW SAD!! I just wanted to cry for both of them! My student told me today that the prognosis is good if the surgery goes well and they're able to get all the cancer. I hope so! We're working with them to help the daughter be able to finish up and pass most of her classes since she needs to be with her mom to help her.

I'm glad school is almost out for the summer, but this definitely puts a damper on my usual excitement this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are blogging even if I'm the only one that reads them I love reading about your life. So very sad!!! I can't imagine how horrible that would be at that young age.

    ReplyDelete